Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Touring Cape Town

Today we went on a city tour around Cape Town and up at the base of Table Mountain, which is this famous landmark that wants to become one of the Wonders of the World or something; we will probably hike that sometime this week, which I hear is REALLY difficult....so we will see how that goes. We were going to do that today, but they had it closed cause visibility was poor up there due to all the fog. Made it look kind of creepy actually.

Anyway, the weather started out warm but then it got windy and the sun went away; we were on top of a double-decker bus because the view was amazing, but therefore were freezing cold. I think it was worth it though; we saw a lot of the city. The only not-so-fun thing are the hagglers that want you to buy their stuff and won't leave you alone until it's been a significant amount of time or you buy something. I did buy some stuff at a market we went to, which was nice, although I hope the price I bought them at wasn't a rip-off; it's hard to tell sometimes.

We went to this restaurant, but for some reason it was the biggest deal in the WORLD to get us separate checks. It took like a half an hour to get them printed and then another 15-20 minutes getting us change and stuff. The manager was up there at the register swearing and stuff; whatever, it was stupid.

More later!

-Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment