Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Prisons, Penguins, and Drama

I'm on one of the older computers, which unfortunately has Internet Explorer 6 and doesn't support gmail chat or facebook chat. So email/blogging will have to do...*grumble* I'll make this quick though cause I don't have that much time left. I try to be on the internet everyday, but it can be tough when I don't have the 5 rand coins for change.

It sucks that your weather is better than ours...but that's inevitable...that ALWAYS happens when I go on vacation to somewhere I hope is going to be warmer than it is. Today was another cold one with rain thrown in the mix. NO FUN.

But we did get to see a maximum security prison. AND I saw a couple random penguins that didn't fit in there at ALL. It was really random. We were with a whole large class of African students who were on the tour for class, and that was kind of entertaining, but we could tell they were getting bored about 1/2way through. I guess it would be hard for me to have fun if I knew I was going to be tested on that info.

My hairdryer doesn't work of course. I don't know why; probably the type of plug they have. BUT my straightener does! Which is good.

Let's see........that's all for now I think. Might take a little nap before dinner at 8, not sure where we'll end up eating, because it's hard to figure stuff out as a group of 16 girls...can anyone say drama? Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment